20 oct 2015

I wouldn't say that I have a good connection with my inner self, no.I blamed evertyhting around me. 
I had to find my way out of that forest.
A lot my work is about loneliness
Is one of those darker places that I'm comfortable with, even though I'm not happy when I'm there. But sometimes being lonely is easier than being scared.
He taught me to ask questions, over and over again, and thaught me that that was an intelligent way to dissect the world.
I mean, asking why you're lonely is not a very good question
Asking why you pushed this particular person away; those are better questions and then deeper and deeper and deeper. 
I use animal bodies to encapsulate some sort of human emotions or ideas. These are portraits of people. It's all very self counsciouss.
We don't need to be on our own.
We jumped off that cliff and landed with both feet. 
The people who are close to me worry about the amount of time I spend inside of my own head, obsessing about my own loneliness, or feelings of depression or anxiety, or self doubt that I'm not good enough, that my work isn't good enough, I don't like the way I look you know, all those things, an I really tear myself appart over them. That tearing myself appart is part of understanding and becoming eventually a piece with it.
And I have to say, the thing I'm most grateful for, on a daily basis now, is that I have someone who's more important that myself in my life.



Beth Cavener Sculptures

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

¿Entonces?